American Rescue Plan Act
Trumbull Human Services ARPA Financial Assistance Fund
American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Community Input
(1/2023 Update) The Trumbull Board of Finance held a special meeting on November 29, 2022 to vote on the use of the ARPA funding (11/29/22 Board of Finance Minutes), and the Town Council voted on the use of the ARPA funding at its regular meeting on December 5, 2022 (12/05/22 Town Council Minutes).
(11/28/22 Update) The Trumbull Board of Finance and Town Council will hold a special joint meeting on Tuesday, November 29, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers (Agenda) to discuss potential uses of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding. Immediately following that meeting, the Board of Finance will hold a special meeting (Agenda) to vote on the use of the ARPA funding. The Town Council will vote on the use of the ARPA funding at its regular meeting on December 5 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers ( Agenda).
(11/16/22 Update) The Trumbull Town Council and Board of Finance are holding a Public Hearing on the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds on Thursday, 11/17/22 in Council Chambers at Town Hall at 7:00 p.m.
The Town Council and Board of Finance held a joint meeting in the Trumbull High School auditorium on September 1, 2022 to review potential projects with the First Selectman and Town Department Heads.
Following the meeting, the Town sought input from the community on what projects should be included in the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds. An online form for residents to comment was available from September 14, 2022 to October 21, 2022.
On Thursday, October 27, 2022 another joint meeting of the Town Council and the Board of Finance was held to continue discussion of the suggested uses of the ARPA funds, begun at a joint meeting on September 1st. At this meeting, the Town Council and the Board of Finance listened to comments from the public as to suggested uses of ARPA funding.
On Thursday, November 17th, a formal Public Hearing will be held regarding the ARPA funds. This will again provide residents with an opportunity to comment on possible uses. Location to be determined. More information to follow.
The documents below show the projects discussed at the first joint meeting of the Town Council and the Board of Finance on September 1, 2022.
- ARPA Use Projects-Town Council Approval 12-05-2022 (PDF)
- ARPA Use Projects-BOF Approval 11-29-2022 (PDF)
- Proposed ARPA Use Projects-Revised 11-27-2022 (PDF)
- Proposed ARPA Use Projects-Revised 10-27-2022 (PDF)
- 09-01-22 Town Council and Board of Finance Special Joint Meeting Minutes
- 10-27-22 Town Council and Board of Finance Special Joint Meeting Minutes
- Proposed ARPA Use Projects 9-1-2022 (PDF)
- Discussion of the American Rescue Plan Act and Potential Uses 9-1-2022 (PDF)
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 is a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus bill passed by the 117th United States Congress. The bill provides additional relief to address the continued impact of COVID-19 (i.e., coronavirus disease 2019) on the economy, public health, state and local governments, individuals, and businesses.
The Town of Trumbull was allocated approximately $10.5 million dollars from the Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). $5.46 million dollars remain to support important community projects and programs.
ARPA Eligible Uses
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services up to the amount of revenue loss due to the pandemic.
- Support the COVID-19 public health and economic responseby addressing COVID-19 and its impact on public health as well as addressing economic harms to households, small businesses, nonprofits, impacted industries, and the public sector.
- Eligible uses to respond to negative economic impacts are organized by the type of beneficiary: assistance to households, small businesses, and nonprofits.
- Provide premium pay for eligible workers performing essential work, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical sectors.
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, to support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand affordable access to broadband internet.
Town of Trumbull Projects
The First Selectman has asked the Town Council and Board of Finance to develop a plan for the use of these funds. A joint meeting of the two bodies was held on September 1, 2022 to listen to a presentation by the First Selectman and Department Heads on proposed projects.