Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA)
Due to the COVID-19 preventive measures implemented by the Town of Trumbull Obtaining Residential and Commercial Sanitary Sewer Permits will be issued by appointment only. A drop box is available at the Public Works Administration Building located at 366 Church Hill Road, Trumbull, CT 06611 for Sanitary Sewer Permit applications. Please call the WPCA/Sewer Department before applying for assistance on what is required.
The public must have an appointment to come into any Town Buildings. To schedule an appointment, visit https://veoci.com/veoci/p/form/4cakv8xncy7b#tab=entryForm and follow the directions for the department you wish to visit. Residents can always call by phone and make appointments. Please call (203) 452-5000 for a directory of departments.
Town Hall and the Public Works Administration Building is open to the public Monday thru Friday by appointment. Please call or email using the Department Directory.
To avoid problems at your home, Please DO NOT flush disinfectant wipes (or any type of wipes), paper towels, facial tissue or any materials other than toilet paper down your toilet as they are NOT designed to break down in the wastewater treatment process.
The Authority is self-funded. There are approximately 180 miles of sewers in Trumbull.
Topography is a prime consideration with the system's design. It is to the advantage of the Town to have gravity flow within the system wherever possible.
However, complete gravity flow is not possible or economically feasible. For this reason, 13 pump stations are used in Town. Approximately 10,000 homes and businesses are connected.
- WPCA 2020-2021 Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Registered Sewer Installers (PDF)
- 02-08-2012 Letter Regarding Water Pollution Control Authority (WPCA) User Fee Policy Change (PDF)
- 02-2012 Trumbull Irrigation Inside Meter Installation Requirements (PDF)
- 02-2012 Trumbull Irrigation Outside Meter Installation Requirements (PDF)
- 04-2014 Outdoor 2nd Water Meter Installation Procedure (PDF)
- 10-10-2018 Beardsley Parkway Sewers Informational Meeting (PDF)
- Application for Extension of Time to Connect to Trumbull Sewer System 2-19 (PDF)
- Contract IV North Nichols Sewer Assessment Summary (PDF)
- Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) Program Registration Information and Form (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Smoke Testing FAQs (PDF)
- Sewer Installer Registration Packet (PDF)