- Departments T - Z
- Tax Assessor
TAX ASSESSOR TEMPORARY NEW HOURS—Effective October 24, 2022
The Tax Assessor’s Office will be working full time, but public hours will be limited due to staffing shortages.
Beginning Monday, October 24, 2022, hours for public in-person assistance in the Tax Assessor’s Office are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM
Wednesday - 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM
These new hours will be until further notice.
The Office is closed for legal holidays.
Please call the Tax Assessor’s office with any questions at 203-452-5016. We apologize for any inconvenience.
In Trumbull, as required by Connecticut law, assessments are done based on 70% of the fair market value of all real estate, motor vehicles and business personal property.
Motor vehicle values are annually determined through the use of the NADA Guide and business personal property is valued through the use of annual declarations verified by independent audit.
The Town of Trumbull is currently conducting the State of Connecticut’s mandated revaluation process. The Town hired Municipal Valuations Services, LLC (Munival) of Fairfield, CT to assist the Town with the revaluation. As part of this process, Munival mailed each household a data verification letter in July 2021 containing specific information to your household. Residents were asked to review the form and return it back to Munival for review. This information was used to help determine property values. Please click on link for additional Revaluation information: Trumbull 2021 Revaluation Project (PDF), and refer to the Frequently Asked Questions below:
Trumbull’s Grand List is comprised of the assessed value of all real estate, motor vehicles and personal property.
- 2021 Real Estate and Personal Property mill rate is 33.64
- 2021 Motor Vehicle mill rate is 32.46
Personal Property Assessment Information
2022 Personal Property Online Filing
Notice is hereby given to all owners of Personal Property located in the Town of Trumbull on October 1, 2022 that they are required to declare such property to the Assessor on or before November 1, 2022 pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes 12-41, 12-42 & 12-43.
Personal Property includes the following: unregistered motor vehicles; snowmobiles & ATV’s; farm tools & equipment; horses & ponies; mechanics tools; machinery & equipment; leased furniture, fixtures & equipment; all other goods, chattels & effects used in the operation of a business
The statutory deadline for filing a personal property declaration is November 1, 2022. As per CT General Statute 12-41, non-compliance for filing a Declaration of Personal Property will result in an estimate of property value and application of a penalty of twenty-five (25) %
LYNN ORMSBEE, ASSISTANT TAX ASSESSOR, TOWN OF TRUMBULL
Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program
If you need to submit a plate cancellation receipt or proof of disposal please do so by mail or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any questions, please call 203-452-5016 to leave a voicemail (we will return your call ASAP) or email to email@example.com .
5866 Main Street
Trumbull, CT 06611
Tax Assessment Appeals
The Trumbull Board of Assessment Appeals will be conducting their meetings at the following dates and times. Applicants will be mailed a notice of their specific meeting date and time.
All Board of Assessment Appeals meeting times are 3:30PM – 6:00PM
Thursday 4/13/23 and Tuesday 4/18/23
- 2022 Personal Property Grand List (PDF)
- 2021 Revaluation Manual by Municipal Valuations Services LLC
- Trumbull Mill Rate History (PDF)
- Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program (PDF)
- Personal Property Online Filing Instructions (PDF)
- Unregistered Motor Vehicles (PDF)
- Trumbull Manufacturing Machinery Equipment Exemption Claim Form and Itemized List (PDF)
- Farm Machinery Exemption Application (100k) (PDF)
- Farm Machinery Exemption Application (200K Local) (PDF)
- Income and Expense Form and Instruction (PDF)
- Active Duty Non-Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Active Duty Resident Motor Vehicle Exemption Form (PDF)
- Board of Assessment Appeals Form (PDF)
- Exemptions (PDF)
- How to Petition the Board of Assessment Appeals (PDF)
- Solar Energy Exemption Application (PDF)
- Tax Exempt Organization Application and Quadrennial Renewal Report (PDF)