MESSAGE TO RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES AFFECTED BY THE MARCH WEATHER EVENTS BEGINNING MARCH 12th AND CONTINUING: DIAL 2-1-1 or go on-line at www.211ct.org
- The Governor’s request for Individual Assistance (IA) for 5 counties has been denied: Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London, and Windham. The Governor has instructed the Connecticut Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security to prepare an appeal of this decision.
- Residents and businesses of the above listed counties are being asked to use 2-1-1 to report damages they received from the storm events (for example, March 12-4 storm, March 29-31 storm, and continuing) EVEN IF THE DAMAGES WERE PREVIOUSLY REPORTED.
- Data will be collected starting April 29, 2010 (starting at 6 p.m.) through Friday, May 14th (ending at 6 p.m.)
- Data will be collected by phone by dialing 2-1-1 or on-line at www.211ct.org. The phone lines and web site will be open 24/7.
- Residents/business owners will be asked approximately 10-12 questions about the extent of damage.
- This data collection process will assist DEMHS in preparing the appeal. Please note this is a damage data collection process - by completing the survey residents and businesses owners have not applied (or registered) for assistance.
- If the appeal is granted and the State receives a declaration authorizing Individual Assistance, residents and businesses in the declared counties will receive further instructions on how to apply for assistance.