TRUMBULL BULKY WASTE PICK-UP PROGRAM
Trumbull’s Bulky Waste Pick-Up Program begins on Monday, March 7, 2011 (snow permitting) and will continue through the end of September. Pick-ups will be scheduled to occur on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Call early for an appointment at (203) 452-5070 or (203) 452-5071. Available appointments fill up quickly!
Please have all your waste disposal items at the curb in an orderly fashion by 7:00 a.m. on the date of your appointment.
This is a service which hauls things that you cannot otherwise dispose of yourself. Metal items, as well as branches and wood, must be in their own respective piles.
The service is intended to help residents bring to the Disposal Area big pieces of trash that they otherwise could not haul to the Transfer Station on Spring Hill Road. There is no charge for the service. Each residence will receive only one pick-up per household per year.
A full list of Do's and Don'ts will be provided to each resident as they make their appointment.
Acceptable items include: Sofas, chairs, refrigerators (door removed), rugs, rug pads, mattresses, dishwashers, washing machines, and forest brush (in tied bundles).
Unacceptable Materials - DO NOT PUT OUT! ! !
• Household garbage and trash, UNTIED brush, Hazardous materials like oil based paint (There is a Town wide Household Hazardous Waste Day every year…..watch for notices), motor oil, and pesticides.
• RECYCLABLE materials . . . Blue bin stuff.
• Demolition materials like asphalt shingles, sheetrock, insulation, concrete or stone
• Vehicles (no automobile parts) or Tires
• Dead animals
• Pieces of WOOD or METAL that are over four feet (4’) long, or greater than 4” in dia.
If your discard pile is a disorderly, thrown together “mess”, you will be bypassed, and you will forfeit your opportunity for this year. Call (203) 452-5045 if you have questions about the proper way to dispose of the unacceptable items noted above.
Thank you for your help and assistance!