Testing of Sanitary Sewer Lines
Wright-Pierce, on behalf of the Town of Trumbull WPCA, will be conducting a study of the Sanitary Sewer Collection System in your area (see map below). This study will include the following types of work:
1. SMOKE TESTING
2. PROPERTY/BUILDING SURVEY INSPECTIONS
3. TV INSPECTIONS OF THE SEWER LINES
4. NIGHT TIME FLOW ISOLATIONS
5. MANHOLE INSPECTIONS
Work crews will be in your area beginning August 17, 2011 and continue throughout the fall. Please note that all field personnel will have a Contractor Identification badge with the Wright-Pierce and Town of Trumbull logo on it.
1. A "SMOKE TEST" survey will assist our inspection crews in locating breaks and defects in your sewer system; the work includes blowing odorless smoke into the sewer collection system through the manholes. The smoke you may see coming from the vent stacks and roof leaders on houses or from holes in the ground or catch basins is NON-TOXIC, NON-STAINING, HAS NO ODOR, IS WHITE TO GRAY IN COLOR AND CREATES NO FIRE HAZARD. The smoke should not enter your home unless you have defective plumbing or dried up drain pipes. It is advisable that the home owner pour a gallon of water into each drain pipe any time prior to our testing.
If smoke enters your home or business during the testing, this is a good indicator that sewer gases may also be entering your home or business. You should evacuate immediately and notify our work crews at 1-800-422-1095 during business hours or the Sewer Department at (203) 913-1678 after hours.
IMPORTANT! If there is any individual in your home or business who has respiratory problems and is immobile, please notify Wright-Pierce at 1-800-422-1095 prior to testing.
2. Our PROPERTY/BUILDING INSPECTION field personnel will be requesting access to your basement in order to inspect the sewer/plumbing connections of your building. The survey is expected to take only 15-20 minutes. The field personnel may also walk around the perimeter of the building to observe roof drain connections. If there is a particular day/time you would like to schedule our visit to your property, please call (800) 422-1095 for an appointment.
3-5 This work will be conducted in the street right-of-way or along sewer easements.
If you have questions regarding any of this work, please do not hesitate to call Wright-Pierce at 1-800-422-1095