First Selectman Tim Herbst declared a State of Emergency for the Town of Trumbull effective 3:00 PM Saturday. The State of Emergency remains in effect.
Several power outages have occurred across Trumbull.
- In the case of power loss, please call the United Illuminating Company at 1-800-7CALLUI or 203-499-3333.
- In the event of a downed power line or other emergency, please dial 911.
- If possible, please stay in your homes.
- Public Works crews will continue plowing roads throughout the storm.
- Public Works crews will require additional hours of road plowing following the conclusion of the storm.
- Plowing snow from resident driveways onto Town streets is illegal; Trumbull police will enforce this policy.
Trumbull residents are encouraged to:
- DON'T USE HEATING DEVICES SUCH AS OUTDOOR GRILLS INSIDE YOUR HOME. Alternative heating devices should be used in accordance with their instructions. Be aware if used improperly they can cause carbon monoxide gas in your home.
- Clear snow away from any exhaust vents such as dryer vents and furnace vents.
- If you are on well water, you should have enough bottled water for three days. Fill your bathtub with water.
- Turn up your thermostats to avoid bursting water pipes.
- Check the level of your oil tank or propane tank.
- Check on your neighbors, particularly your more senior neighbors, to ensure they are okay.
- Have a flash light ready.
- Be cautious with any heating devices and follow the manufacturers’ instructions for their use.
In the event of an emergency, please call the Trumbull Police Department at 9-1-1. For non-emergencies please call the police at 203-261-3665.