News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/10/2012 12:00:00 AM to 10/29/2019 12:24:04 PM.
Posted on: March 10, 2012
[ARCHIVED] 3/10/2012 - 2012 Bulky Waste Pick-Up Program - updated 3/13
2012 TRUMBULL BULKY WASTE PICK-UP PROGRAM
Trumbull’s Bulky Waste Pick-Up Program begins on Monday, March 5, 2012 (snow permitting) and will continue through the end of September. Pick-ups will be scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and are by appointment only.
Call early for an appointment at (203) 452-5070 or (203) 452-5071. Available appointments fill up quickly!
Please have all your waste disposal items at the curb in an orderly fashion by 7:00 a.m. on the date of your appointment.
This is a service which hauls things that you cannot otherwise dispose of yourself. Each residence will receive only one pick-up per household per year, and there is no charge for the service.
Acceptable items include: Sofas, chairs, refrigerators (doors removed), rugs, rug pads, mattresses, dishwashers, washing machines, gas grills, lawn mowers, bicycles, and branches/ brush. Branches, brush and metal do not need to be tied, but they must be cut to 4’ lengths and stacked neatly at the curb. Metal, brush and wood must be separated into their own respective piles.
Unacceptable Materials - DO NOT PUT OUT! ! !
If your discard pile is a disorderly, thrown together “mess”, or is inaccessible, you will be bypassed, and you will forfeit your opportunity for this year. Call the Highway Dept. at (203) 452-5070 if you have any questions.
- Household trash, hazardous materials like oil based paint (There is a Town wide Household Hazardous Waste Day every year…..watch for notices), motor oil, and pesticides.
- RECYCLABLE materials . . . Blue bin stuff.
- Demolition materials like ceramic tile, asphalt shingles, sheetrock, insulation, concrete or stone (tickets must be purchased at the Highway Dept. to dispose of these items. Each ticket is $12 and will cover 125 lbs.)
- Vehicles (no automobile parts) or Tires
- Propane tanks
- Dead animals
- Pieces of WOOD or METAL that are over four feet (4’) long, or greater than 6” in diameter.
Thank you for your help and assistance!