News Flash Home
The original item was published from 4/17/2012 12:00:00 AM to 10/29/2019 12:17:14 PM.
Posted on: April 17, 2012
[ARCHIVED] 4/17/2012 - Outdoor (2nd) Water Meter Installation Procedure
OUTDOOR (2ND) WATER METER INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
Trumbull residents connected to the Sanitary Sewer System wishing to install a secondary meter for outdoor watering must follow the procedures listed below. Note: The installation procedures described below will not be instituted prior to April 23, 2012.
1. Residents should contact the Aquarion Water Company Call Center (203-445-7310) and advise the Aquarion representative that they will be installing a secondary outdoor water meter on their current account.
2. Residents will be required to arrange an onsite inspection of their water service line with a member of the Aquarion Service Dept. During this inspection the proper installation of the secondary meter will be reviewed and approved.
3. Once the installation is approved, the customer may contact their plumber to make approved adjustments to their plumbing system. Resident must also schedule with Aquarion a second appointment to install the secondary meter once the plumbing has been completed.
4. As per current regulations, all customers with irrigation systems are required to have approved backflow prevention devise on their system which will be tested annually by Aquarion Water Company. Customers will receive a separate bill for this backflow testing yearly.
5. Aquarion water bills will reflect an additional service charge for this 2nd outdoor water meter. The service charge cost for the additional meter is listed below.
Minimum Service Charges Billed Quarterly:
Meter Size: (5/8”) - $35.87, (3/4”) - $53.81, (1”) - $89.68, (1 ½”) - $179.39, (2”) - $287.01.
Water Consumption Charge Billed Quarterly Per 100 Cubic Feet (CCF):
First (420 CCF) - $3.839. Consumption over (420 CCF) - $1.889.