The National Weather Service predicts high temperatures for Wednesday, June 20th and Thursday, June 21st. In anticipation of this event, the Trumbull Office of Emergency Management is advising residents to take the following precautions:
• Never leave children or pets alone in enclosed vehicles.
• Stay hydrated, drink plenty of fluids.
• Eat small meals and eat more often.
• Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
• Slow down, stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise during the hottest part of the day.
• Use a buddy system when working in excessive heat.
• Take frequent breaks if working outdoors.
• Check on family, friends and neighbors who do not have air conditioning, who spend much of their time alone or who are more likely to be affected by the heat.
• Check on animals frequently to ensure that they are not suffering from the heat. Ensure they have water and a shady place to rest.
• Trumbull Senior Center: 23 Priscilla Place (203) 452-5199 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Trumbull Public Library: 33 Quality Street (203) 452-5197 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Westfield Trumbull Mall: 5065 Main Street (203) 372-4500 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.