Message from First Selectman Vicki Tesoro Requiring Masks Inside All Trumbull Government Buildings Beginning Tuesday, August 24th, 2021
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has placed Fairfield County in the “High Transmission” category of COVID-19.
In order to make sure we continue to deliver town services effectively and safely, beginning on Tuesday, August 24, 2021, masks will be required inside all Town of Trumbull municipal buildings for all vaccinated and unvaccinated employees and visitors, as follows*:
- Town Hall
- Parks & Recreation Building (Tellalian Building)
- Trumbull Health Department
- Trumbull Senior Center
- Public Works Buildings
- Trumbull Emergency Medical Services
- Trumbull Police Department
- Trumbull Library System
- Main Library
- Fairchild Nichols Memorial Library
- Long Hill Administration Building (Board of Education Administration Building)
- Tashua Knolls Golf Course (Inside Only)
- Mary J. Sherlach Counseling Center
- Trumbull Nature and Arts Center
*Masks are also required to be worn at all in-person or hybrid Town meetings by members of Boards and Commissions, town employees, and members of the public, vaccinated or unvaccinated, who attend the meeting in-person.
At this time I am not extending this mask mandate to other indoor public places within Trumbull as our positivity rate remains low and our vaccination rate remains high. We will continue to closely monitor the transmission rates and follow CDC and CT Department of Public Health guidance and, if needed, I will change this guidance.
My decision does not impact the minimum standards of the current statewide mask policy implemented by Governor Lamont in May, which remains in effect and includes the following:
- Unvaccinated people must wear masks while in all indoor public places
- Everyone must wear masks regardless of vaccination status while inside certain settings, such as healthcare facilities, facilities housing vulnerable populations, public and private transit, correctional facilities, schools, and childcare
- Masks are not required outdoors
- Individuals, regardless of their vaccination status, must wear masks indoors if required in the commissioner’s order for special settings or by a municipality
- Businesses, private property owners, and state and local government offices may require masks to be worn by everyone inside of their own facilities
At this time, vaccinations are the most effective strategy in combating COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available at the Trumbull Health Department. Both the Moderna vaccine (approved for those 18 and older) and Pfizer vaccine (approved for those 12 and older) are available. Call 203-638-5230 for an appointment if you are interested.