The Women’s Business Development Council is offering grants of up to $10,000 to qualified women-owned small businesses in Connecticut
The Equity Match Grant Program is designed to help women-owned businesses grow! Grants between $2,500 and $10,000 will be awarded for clearly defined projects that will have a measurable impact on the business, its growth and profitability. The grant funds cannot be used towards operating expenses, payroll, or real estate improvements. Applicants are required to provide a minimum 25% match (see below for more details).
Grant applications will be accepted from September 7th – 28th. Prepare your application now!
This is a competitive process and the WBDC will not be able to fund all strong applicants
Learn About the Equity Match Grant:
- Match Requirement
- Info Sessions
- Meet with an Advisor
- Must be 51% or more female-owned
- The business has been established for at least two years before September 28th, 2021 (business must have been established by September 28th, 2019) with a record of sales
- The business must be headquartered in CT, registered in the state of CT and owned by a CT resident
- The business is in good standing with the CT Department of Revenue Services (DRS) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- The business must have an established business checking account
- The business must utilize a formal, digital bookkeeping/financial system such as QuickBooks Online
- The business must have a record of annual sales/revenue in last twelve months greater than $25,000
- The business must be a for-profit business or a self-supporting social enterprise (A nonprofit that relies on donations is not eligible)
- The business must be owned by a woman at least 18 years old
Additionally, the following businesses are not eligible
Childcare businesses are not eligible for the Equity Match Grant. If your business is in the childcare industry, WBDC has other programs for childcare businesses. We encourage you to reach out to us at email@example.com or (203) 751-9550 x129 to learn more.
If you or your business have already received a grant from WBDC in the last two years you are not eligible.
Medical marijuana; liquor stores and alcohol distributors; adult businesses such as strip clubs; vape retailers; tobacco shops and smoking lounges; businesses having to do with gambling; gun stores and ranges; cash advance, check cashing, or pawn shops; bail bonds; collection agencies or services; and auction or bankruptcy or fire or “lost-our-lease” or “going-out-of-business” or similar sale
Prepare Your Application
There are four sections of the application. For sections A and B you will be required to provide a detailed picture of your business. You will also be required to create a profile to provide general information about you and your business.
Section A: Narrative of your business
Section B: How you would use the grant
Section C: Supporting documents for uploading
Section D: Compliance and consent
Click here to download the application questions
We have provided optional templates for you to use for your historical and financial documents
Click to download Historical Financials Template
Click to download Financial Projections Template