This is First Selectman Vicki Tesoro with an important COVID-19 update:
The Trumbull Health Department is offering a COVID vaccination clinic tomorrow Tuesday, May 11th, at the Trumbull Senior Center, from 9:00 AM-11:00 AM. First and second dose vaccinations are available. The Moderna vaccine will be administered. Moderna is approved for those 18 years of age or older. There is no charge for the vaccination. Please bring a valid ID to the clinic.
Covid vaccinations are effective at keeping you from getting COVID-19. People are considered fully protected two weeks after their second dose of Moderna.
If you or a family member are interested in receiving a vaccination, please come to the Senior Center tomorrow between 9:00 AM-11:00 AM. This is a walk-in clinic, no appointment is necessary.
As you know, all individuals in Connecticut 16 years of age and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will need to schedule an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine. This is the only vaccine that has been approved for this age group at this time. If you are in need of an appointment, contact 2-1-1 for a listing of available clinics or call 877-918-2224.
For more information about vaccination clinics including walk-ins please visit the Town Website.
Over 72% of Trumbull residents who are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine have received at least the first dose. Over 55% are fully vaccinated.
Free COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing is still being offered by Griffin Hospital, on Mondays from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM at Unity Park, on Unity Road.
No appointment is necessary. Please bring a valid ID.
This year’s Memorial Day Parade is at 10 AM on Monday, May 31st. If you have a classic car, particularly a convertible, that you would like to drive in the parade, please contact my office at 203 452-5005. We have some veterans who need to be driven in the parade and we are looking for drivers and cars.
Please stay safe and stay well.
Thanks for listening.
COVID-19 Information, State of Connecticut Guidance, and Town Information
COVID-19 Vaccination Update
INFORMATION FOR TRUMBULL RESIDENTS ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER FOR THE COVID-19 VACCINE EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2021 (Includes healthcare personnel, medical responders and staff, residents and staff of select congregate settings, pre-k through 12 school staff and teachers, professional childcare providers, and individuals 16 and older)
The State of CT is currently vaccinating healthcare personnel, medical responders and staff, residents and staff of select congregate settings, pre-k through 12 school staff and teachers, professional childcare providers, and, as of April 1, 2021, individuals 16 and older.
The Trumbull Health Department (THD) continues to hold COVID vaccination clinics for residents. Those 16 years and older are eligible for vaccinations. Currently, THD is administering the Moderna vaccine to those 18 years and older. The Moderna vaccine is administered in two doses, 28-42 days apart.
If you are 16-17 years old, you will need to schedule an appointment for the Pfizer vaccine. This is the only vaccine that has been approved for this age group at this time. Most hospital based clinics administer Pfizer. If you are in need of an appointment, contact 2-1-1 for a listing of available clinics or call 877-918-2224.
Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
There are now over 50 locations across the State accepting walk-up vaccine appointments. This means you can now get vaccinated at these locations during the hours they accept walk-up appointments, without having to schedule in advance. ... More Information on Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Locations.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR A VACCINATION:
- CDC Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS):
- Yale New Haven Health:
- Hartford Healthcare:
- Griffin Health:
- To make an appointment for the COVID vaccine at a participating pharmacy:
- 2-1-1 of Connecticut Vaccine Locator Map
- Connecticut’s Vaccine Appointment Assist Line:
- Phone: 877-918-2224. Line is open seven days a week from 8:00am to 8:00pm.
Due to high volume, hold times may vary.
- Frequently Asked Questions and other CT Guidance:
COVID-19 Testing Sites:
Status of Town of Trumbull Government Operations
- The Tax Collector’s Office and Town Clerk’s Office are open to the public on a walk-in basis. All other departments will continue to require an appointment. Also, Town Hall will now be open on Fridays.
- TAX COLLECTOR Walk-in office hours until further notice: Monday – Friday: Open to the Public 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, CLOSED 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM for lunch. The tax payment drop box will no longer be available.
- TOWN CLERK Walk-in office hours until further notice: Monday – Friday: Open to the Public 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, CLOSED 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM for lunch.
- Appointments for all other Town Hall Departments are still required. All visitors to Town Hall must continue to check-in with the greeter at the front door.
- To schedule an appointment at Town Hall, visit https://veoci.com/veoci/p/form/4cakv8xncy7b#tab=entryForm and follow the directions for the department you wish to visit. Residents can always call by phone and make appointments. Please call (203) 452-5000 for a directory of departments. If you are unable to locate a department, please call (203) 452-5005 for assistance.
- Tax payments can be made online. If you choose to pay online, your payment will be reflected and updated in 48 hours on the online system.
- If mailing your tax payment, please make your check payable to "Trumbull Tax Collector" and mail to Trumbull Town Hall, Tax Collector, 5866 Main Street, Trumbull, CT 06611. Please note that if you use the mail, the U.S. postmark will be honored as the date of payment, regardless of when the payment is processed.
- Please use our online system to look up information regarding your tax bills. All amounts showing due on the website are accurate as of the date of viewing. https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/285/Online-Tax-InquiryPayment-System.
Key Provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act
Congress passed the American Rescue Plan Act in March. Besides relief to individuals and businesses, this relief package includes funding for states, cities, other local governments, and also emergency relief funding for schools. The Town of Trumbull and the Trumbull schools will receive emergency funding under this plan. The exact amount of these allocations is not yet known and there still remains questions as to how the Treasury Department will allow these funds to be used. Once we know the information we will share it with you. https://himes.house.gov/coronavirus
COVID-19 Testing Information
See the following links for COVID-19 testing information:
Travel Advisory Information
Connecticut COVID-19 Data Tracker
The State of Connecticut's COVID-19 metric report is issued once per day, every Monday through Friday, usually around 4:00 p.m. The report that is issued each Monday contains combined data that was collected on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Trumbull COVID-19 Dashboard
A series of live case data, graphs, and vaccination information can be viewed on our Trumbull COVID-19 Dashboard. Data presented is live and will be continuously updated to provide residents with the most up-to-date information.
The following rules apply to all Connecticut businesses and organizations and are effective March 19, 2021. Please keep in mind that it is the cumulative effects gained from social distancing, hand washing, and mask-wearing that will continue to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Businesses should take these rules as the minimum baseline of precautions needed to protect public health in Connecticut and refer to the recommended guidance by sector listed at the bottom of this page for best practices. Individual establishments should also take additional measures as recommended by industry experts or by common sense applied to their particular situation.
Changes to the present guidance will be made on May 1, 2021 and May 19, 2021.
Updated Guidance for the Operation of Interscholastic, Youth and other Amateur Sport Activities during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Click https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DPH/Communications/Covid19/DPH-Youth-and-Amateur-Sports-COVID19_UPDATED_Mar_2021_v53.pdf for a summary of the updated guidance. **
Trumbull Citizen Alert - Emergency and Community Notification Program
The Town of Trumbull has implemented a state-of-the-art emergency notification system to alert citizens about emergencies and other important community news. The emergency and community notification system, operated in partnership with Everbridge, enables the Town of Trumbull to provide important community notifications and essential information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, fires, floods, unexpected road closures, or evacuation of buildings or neighborhoods.
Sign up here: