The Mary J. Sherlach Counseling Center invites you "How to Parent to Prevent Substance Abuse, Communicate to Build a Trusting Relationship and Raise Children with Grit and Resilience," presented by Alicia Farrell, PhD, renowned cognitive psychologist and professional speaker for over 20 years.
Date: May 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM on Zoom
Register in advance for this webinar at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_RlNhg0t0TDaMCzVard63kg. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information about joining the webinar.
Our primary and overriding responsibility as a parent is to raise children who can survive and thrive without us. Ever feel like you don’t know what you’re doing? Join the crowd! These are difficult and unprecedented times that require a boots on the ground mentality. Come ground yourself in the basics of parenting and learn practical tools you can apply immediately to positively change the course of your children’s lives. This talk will cover:
- How to set, communicate and implement healthy boundaries and expectations for children of all ages.
- How to let children make mistakes, take responsibility and learn without shame while building grit and resilience.
- What it means and how to parent in the hopes of preventing substance use/abuse.
- Is there such a thing as age-appropriate experimentation?
- What to do if your child is already using drugs/alcohol.
This talk is full of practical tips/resources and is relevant for parents with kids or young adults of ANY age as well as for grandparents, teachers, administrators, community leaders, and counselors.
Sponsored by Greenwich Prevention Council