Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 at 8:00 PM, the Governor of Connecticut issued an Executive Order requiring all restaurants and bars that serve food to change to take-out and/or delivery services only. Bars that do not serve food will be required to temporarily close. As such, the Trumbull Health Department recommends the following to protect you, your employees and customers:
- Limit public access to the food establishment as much as possible. It is recommended that there are no more than 10 people in the pick-up area at one time. In addition allow for at least a six-foot distance between individuals.
- Stagger pick-up times to allow for food delivery through the door and maintain a six-foot distance between individuals.
- If possible, limit take-out orders to the customer via curbside only. Be mindful during delivery to a customer vehicle or residence to allow for at least a six-foot distance between individuals.
- All customer self-service operations shall be temporarily suspended.
- Take-out orders should be placed over the phone.
- Whenever possible, take payment over the phone/electronically.
- Every effort shall be made to ensure customer food orders are maintained at proper temperatures for safety.
- Sanitize surfaces every 4 hours or more frequently, if needed, with approved sanitizers for food and non-food contact surfaces.
- Sanitize surfaces such as doorknobs, phones, menus and any other areas that are not typically sanitized on a frequent basis.
- Be sure your dishwasher is working properly to sanitize food service equipment; if utilizing a 3-bay sink, be sure to use the proper sanitizing strength and use test strips to ensure the strength is accurate
- Employees must stay home when sick; if anyone is experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath they should be directed home to contact their healthcare provider so their medical history can be evaluated.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Luci Bango, MPH, REHS/RS
Trumbull Health Director