Thank you Trumbull! We cannot believe how much support we are getting from the community!
We are getting many calls from individuals asking how they can help. Here are some things you can do right now:
- Check on your neighbors; all your neighbors. Leave them a note or give them call. Help pick up their prescriptions or groceries. Please keep in mind social distancing!
- Collect shelf stable food items or monetary donations for the food pantry. Let’s keep the shelves full! Monetary donations go towards stocking our shelves with food items and non-food items such as toiletries, paper towels, cleaning supplies. Find the Trumbull Food Pantry list here.
- Get your kids involved! Local nursing homes and assisted living facilities have given us the okay to deliver drawings and cards to our isolated seniors. Currently these facilities are not accepting visitors and the residents are depending on staff for company. Drawings and letters of encouragement would make their day. Put these letters and drawings in a zip lock bag and drop them off to us in our food pantry bins. We will be sure to have them delivered!
FOOD PANTRY DONATION BINS: 23 PRISCILLA PLACE. TRUMBULL. DRIVE AROUND TO THE BACK AND LOOK FOR THE BINS IN THE COURTYARD. STAFF ARE CHECKING BINS THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
Staff are here and are doing what we can:
- We are calling our members and clients to ensure they are food secure and have access to support.
- We are scheduling food pantry pick-ups where residents can drive up to receive their items. Appointments are necessary (203) 452-5136.
- We are making food deliveries to those who are homebound or do not have access to transportation. If you know someone who needs a delivered meal let us know.
Residents may be experiencing difficult times. It is okay to call the Pantry and let us know you need assistance. All calls, deliveries, or pickups through the pantry are confidential. We are able to assist families, children, adults and seniors