Assist Trumbull residents and their families by providing assistance to help meet their basic needs.
The Department provides services such as caregiver support services, benefit screenings, financial assistance, information and assistance on applying for housing, Medicare counseling and advocacy.
The department offers home visits to the homebound.
Trumbull Human Services ARPA Financial Assistance Fund
Application filing period February 6th, 2023- March 10th, 2023
The Town of Trumbull has allocated $150,000 through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for a financial assistance fund. The fund was established to provide financial support to eligible Trumbull households. The fund offers financial assistance for rent, security deposits, mortgage, utilities, medical/prescription/mental health bills and other necessities where basic needs are at risk.
Guidelines for Eligibility: Applicants must have exhausted all other benefits or resources before being considered. Direct payment to applicants is not available. The Social Services Department will notify recipients by mid-March.
How to Apply:
- Download an application (PDF), or
- Visit the Trumbull Senior Center at 23 Priscilla Place to pick up an application.
The application and required documents may be returned in the following ways:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Standard Mail: Trumbull Social Services, 23 Priscilla Place, Trumbull CT 06611
- Drop your application at the Main Office at the Trumbull Senior Center. 23 Priscilla Place, Trumbull.
- Drop your application in the Senior Center lock box. A labeled lock box is located next to the single brown door in the courtyard located in the back of the building. 23 Priscilla Place, Trumbull CT 06611.
Have questions or need assistance? Call Trumbull Social Services at 203-452-5198
*Any remaining ARPA Financial Assistance funds will be used in an additional application period.
The Emergency Services program was established to provide immediate emergency assistance and relief to families and individuals who are faced with an unexpected financial crisis. At the onset of an emergency, Trumbull Social Services is available to offer direct immediate assistance in the form of financial assistance for utilities, medications, food, and other immediate pressing needs. Read the Emergency Assistance Applicant Guidelines (PDF).
Donations are gladly accepted. All monetary donations made to the Social Services Department are used solely to assist Trumbull residents experiencing hardship.