The Trumbull Health Departments (THD) focuses on the health interrelationships between our residents and their environment. We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of our citizens and ensuring a safe and healthful environment. As a local health agency, we are responsible for enforcing the public health code of the Connecticut Department of Public Health.
The THD promotes and maintains high environmental health and safety standards for our residents through the administration of many programs. Much of our work emphasizes prevention of the spread of diseases, and we work diligently to prevent potential health hazards before those situations can escalate to a level causing great concern.
Our goal to have a positive and visible impact in our community in areas such as:
- Day Care Inspections
- Food Service Establishments (Food Protection and Education) - To ensure the safety of food prepared, served and sold through education, monitoring and enforcement of CT Public Health Code requirements. Food Service Managers: Qualified Food Operator Exam/Courses (PDF)
- General Environmental Health
- Lead Poisoning Prevention and Control
- Don't Spread Lead: A guide to lead-safe painting, repair, and home improvement for do-it-yourselfers. Watch video on how to remove lead safely from your home: YouTube Video
- Nail Salons, Cosmetology, Spas, Barbershops - Inspections to ensure that sanitary conditions are being met in accordance with CT Public Health Code requirements.
- Public Pools and Recreational Bathing Waters
- Schools - We work with public and private school system staff and school nurses to ensure our children have a healthy school environment. All cafeteria kitchens are licensed and inspected by the THD for compliance with CT Public Health Code requirements.
- Subsurface Sewage Disposal Programs
- Vector-Borne Disease Control / Integrated Pest Management and Infectious Diseases - Such as ticks, mosquitoes, and rodents.
The Connecticut Department of Public Health provides information and resources on topics, including: