The Trumbull restrooms were constructed as seasonal facilities and are not be able to operate without risk of damage if they are open too early or late in the year. As a stop gap measure for activities that fall at those time during the year, portable toilets have historically been used. Annually, all facilities will be operational by early May annually and will close no later than mid October.
- Pools restrooms will open and close with the Pools operating schedule.
- Twin Brooks, New Unity, and Indian Ledge Playground will be open daily during the summer season from 9AM to dusk daily.
- Unity, Island Brook, Upper Indian Ledge, and Old Mine will be opened for scheduled activities only, however portable toilets will be provided in all these locations as well as Long Hill field.
- Kaechele is only used for scheduled events.
All Trumbull parks are open from 9am to dusk daily. A valid park sticker is required for all vehicles.
Organized recreational activities, such as team practices, scrimmages, games, and private or group lessons have always, and will continue to require a permit from Trumbull Parks and Recreation. This includes activities on tennis courts at the high school. For permit information please contact Dave Durand at email@example.com. Certain fields are available to permit holders only. Residents may request a free permit for a Town tennis or pickleball court during the summer months (limit one permit, per household, per week). Please see our tennis page for more details.
Trumbull Parks and Recreation may close locations during or after a weather event in order to prevent damage to a field. Remember: “Don’t Look Up, Look Down”- Athletic fields with standing water or mud will be closed to prevent damage. Please check our Field & Facility Status page for the current status.
Park Regulations (all open locations):
- All vehicles are required to have valid 2022-23 parking permit (park sticker). Please visit www.trumbull-ct.gov/parkstickers for more information.
- Vehicles without a park sticker will be denied entry and/or ticketed.
- Organized sports, including group practices, games, leagues and both private and group instruction on athletic fields and courts requires a permit. This includes all fields and courts on Board of Education properties. Call 203-452-5060 for more information.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Please clean up after your pet as required by town ordinance.
- All patrons must obey park signage, including temporary signage.
- “Carry-in, carry-out” trash policy.
- Parking is only allowed in designated lots and is not allowed along roadways or on the grass.
- Per CT DEP regulations, hunting is only allowed in designated areas during allotted seasons.