It’s flu season. Time to roll up your sleeves and get vaccinated. Flu vaccinations are extremely important in helping to prevent Influenza, a contagious respiratory illness. The Trumbull Health Department (THD) will be offering multiple walk-in clinics beginning in October. THD will offer both the standard quad flu vaccine to those 5 years of age and older and the high dose vaccine for those over 65 years of age.
“Residents six months and older are encouraged to get vaccinated against the flu,” said Luci Bango, THD Director of Health. “Flu vaccinations are the best way to help prevent the flu. Residents should also practice good hand hygiene, cover their sneezes and coughs, and stay home if sick.”
Take advantage of the many opportunities to get you and your loved ones vaccinated.
Walk-in vaccination clinics for those 5 years of age and older will be held at the Trumbull Health Department, 335 White Plains Road on:
- Monday, September 25, 2023 from 9:30 am – 11:30 am and from 1:30 – 3:30 pm
- Thursday, October 3, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 4, from 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Friday, October 6, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 11, from 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Thursday, October 12, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, October 13, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 18, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Friday, October 20, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 23, from 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Wednesday, October 25, from 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Friday, October 27, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Flu Clinic for Seniors (Walk-In) will be held at the Trumbull Senior Center, 23 Priscilla Place on:
- Tuesday, September 26, from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Monday, October 16, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Thursday, October 26, from 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Clinic days/times and locations are subject to change. Vaccines will be offered while supplies last.
To reduce your wait time, visit www.trumbull-ct.gov and download the flu vaccination consent form. Complete the consent form in advance and bring a copy to the vaccination clinic. We will have forms available onsite at all vaccination clinics for your convenience as well. Please wear short sleeves.
The Trumbull Health Department accepts most major insurances. For those without insurance the standard seasonal flu vaccine cost is $40.00 (cash or check accepted) and for those 65 years of age and older who receive the High Dose flu vaccine, the cost is $85.00 (cash or check accepted). Residents attending one of the health department clinics should bring their insurance card and driver’s license/ID to the vaccination clinic.
The Health Department will also be collecting non-perishable food for the Trumbull Food Pantry during the flu vaccination clinics. Non-perishable foods such as soup, peanut butter, jelly, coffee/tea, and breakfast cereal are welcome. A list of additional food items needed can be found at https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/573/Food-Pantry-Needs-List. The Trumbull Health Department is a food collection site for the Trumbull Food Pantry and donations can be brought in Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:00 pm.
For more information or for assistance in scheduling an appointment, contact the Health Department at 203-452-1030 x 0. Clinic days/times and locations are subject to change. Visit www.trumbull-ct.gov for the updated flu clinic schedule.
rtment call 203-452-1030 or visit trumbull-ct.gov/THD.