Flu season is here and the Trumbull Health Department (THD) reminds residents that flu vaccinations are extremely important this year. Taking into account the recent Covid-19 pandemic, the Trumbull Health Department offers drive-thru and walk-in vaccination options. Residents can also schedule an appointment that is convenient for them. THD will offer both the standard quad flu vaccine and the over 65 “senior” flu vaccine.
“The Health Department is making vaccination clinics easier, “said Luci Bango, THD Director of Health. “We have streamlined our process to ensure residents receive vaccinations in a convenient and efficient manner. Residents are encouraged to take advantage of our drive-thru clinic in order to minimize potential exposure to other illnesses.”
Drive-Thru vaccination clinic is scheduled for: Saturday, October 15 (for families and children 5 and up), at Trumbull Health Department, 335 White Plains Road from 9:00 – 11:00 am. Enter through the Unity Park, Bayberry Lane Entrance.
Walk-in vaccination clinics are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, September 27, from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm or from 2:00 – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, September 29, from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm or from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 18, from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, October 20, from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 25, from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, October 27, from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm or 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Additional walk-in clinic times will be added while supplies last.
Flu Clinic for Seniors (by appointment)
- Tuesday, October 4, from 9:00 am – 10:00 am and from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at the Trumbull Senior Center, 23 Priscilla Place. Call the Senior Center at 203-452-5199 to make an appointment.
Evening appointments can be made for (by appointment):
- Thursday, October 20, at the Health Department, 335 White Plains Road, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Call THD at 203-452-1030 extension 0 to make an appointment.
Clinic days/times and locations are subject to change. Vaccines will be offered while supplies last.
To reduce your wait time, visit https://www.trumbull-ct.gov/648/Flu-Shot-Clinics and download the flu vaccination consent form. Complete the consent form in advance and bring a copy to the vaccination clinic. We will have forms available onsite at all vaccination clinics for your convenience as well. Please wear short sleeves.
The Trumbull Health Department accepts most major insurances. For those without the above insurance the standard seasonal flu vaccine cost is $40 (cash or check accepted). For those 65 years of age and older we have the High Dose flu vaccine (while supplies last). The cost is 80.00. Residents attending one of the health department clinics should bring their insurance card and driver’s license/ID to the vaccination clinic.
For more information or for assistance in scheduling an appointment, contact the Health Department at 203-452-1030. Clinic days/times and locations are subject to change. Visit www.trumbull-ct.gov for the updated flu clinic schedule.