TPAUD, Trumbull’s Prevention Partnership, is partnering with the Trumbull Health Department, Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA, and Trumbull Senior Center to distribute free medication lock boxes to community members. Lock boxes can be used for both prescription and non-prescription medications, as well as for cannabis and cannabis-related products.
“Any medicine can be dangerous, even some over-the-counter medications, if taken the wrong way or by the wrong person. And with the legalization of adult-use marijuana, it’s important for adults to secure cannabis and cannabis-related products, to keep small children, teens, and pets safe from accidental ingestion,” said Kiersten Naumann, TPAUD’s Program Coordinator.
Free lockboxes will be available for pickup on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last, at the following times and locations:
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022, 8:30am - 4:00pm, Trumbull Health Department, 335 White Plains Rd.
- Wednesday, June 29th, 11:45am – 1:45pm, Lakewood-Trumbull YMCA, 20 Trefoil Dr.
- Tuesday, July 5th, 11:30am - 1:00pm, Trumbull Senior Center, 23 Priscilla Pl., Trumbull
Safe Storage: Keep Your Kids & Pets Safe!
- Do NOT share prescription medications, even with other family members.
- Take inventory of your prescriptions and over-the-counter medications.
- Protect your medicine – store it in a safe place that only you can access.
- Dispose of unused, unwanted, and/or expired medicine in a safe way (do NOT flush medicine!).
TPAUD, Trumbull's Prevention Partnership is a community coalition dedicated to engaging and mobilizing youth, parents and guardians, and community partners to reduce youth alcohol and drug use, foster social/emotional health, and build a safe and healthy community. For more information visit www.TPAUD.org, or you can find us on FaceBook.