Health Department Offers Multiple Options for Flu Vaccinations
Contactless Vaccination Clinics are Encouraged
Flu season is here and the Trumbull Health Department (THD) reminds residents that amid the COVID-19 pandemic, flu vaccinations are extremely important this year. Taking into account the pandemic guidelines, THD will offer a variety of options to receive contactless vaccinations. THD encourages residents to follow these two simple steps:
- Download the Influenza Vaccine Consent Form (below in the Flu Clinic Documents section) in advance and bring a completed copy to the vaccination clinic. We will have forms available onsite at all vaccination clinics for your convenience.
- Bring a printed copy of your insurance cards, if you are able.
The Health Department is making vaccination clinics easier than ever with our drive-thru clinics and walk-ins, “said Luci Bango, THD Director of Health. “We have streamlined our process to ensure residents receive vaccinations in a convenient and efficient manner. Residents are encouraged to take advantage of our drive-thru clinics in order to minimize potential exposure to other illnesses. Residents are encouraged to complete the consent form in advance to ensure a shorter wait time.
The Trumbull Health Department offers drive-thru and walk-in vaccination options. Drive-Thru vaccinations clinics are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, October 7th enter at Unity Park, 399 White Plains Road, from 2:00-4:00 pm.
- Monday, October 12th at Trumbull High School, 76 Strobel Road, from 9:00-11:00 am
- Saturday, October 24th enter at Unity Park, 399 White Plains Road, from 9:00-11:00 am
- Tuesday, November 3rd enter at Unity Park, 399 White Plains Road, from 9:00-11:00 am
Evening appointments can be made for:
- Thursday, October 22nd at the Health Department, 335 White Plains Road, from 6:00– 8:00 pm (By Appointment)
The Trumbull Health Department accepts Aetna, Aetna Medicare Advantage, Anthem BC/BS, Cigna, ConnectiCare, ConnectiCare VIP Medicare, Medicare Part B, Oxford, UnitedHealthcare, and UHC Medicare. For those without the above insurance the standard seasonal flu vaccine cost is $30.00 (cash or check accepted). For those 65 years of age and older we have the High Dose flu vaccine. The cost is $50.00. Residents attending one of the health department clinics should bring their insurance card and driver’s license (if available) to the vaccination clinic.
For more information or for assistance in scheduling an appointment, contact the Health Department at 203-452-1030.
Walk-In vaccination hours are available at the Health Department, 335 White Plains Road on the following days from 10:00am-2:00pm:
- Tuesday, October 13th
- Wednesday, October 14th
- Monday, October 19th
- Wednesday, October 21st
- Monday, October 26th
- Thursday, October 29th
- Monday, November 2nd
- Wednesday, November 4th
- Monday, November 9th
- Thursday, November 12th
- Monday, November 16th
- Wednesday, November 18th
- Monday, November 23rd
- Wednesday, November 25th
- For more dates/times, contact the Health Department at 203-452-1030.