Outdoor Pool Reservation Information
The Trumbull Parks and Recreation is happy to open the pools this summer! In order to do so in a safe and efficient manner the following protocols will be strictly enforced:
Revised July 21, 2020
1. Pools will be open daily from July 6th-September 8th. There are three 2-hour pool sessions per day that residents must register for in advance. The time blocks will be:
- BEACH POOL - 10am-12pm, 1pm-3pm, and 4pm-6pm
TASHUA POOL – 10:30am-12:30pm, 1:30pm-3:30pm, 4:30pm-6:30pm
2. Pool reservation times will now begin 24, 48 or 72 hours in advance of each session time.
|Monday||72 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Tuesday||24 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Wednesday||24 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Thursday||24 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Friday||24 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Saturday||48 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
|Sunday||72 hours in advance of each swim session start time|
Session: Monday, 7/27 @ 1pm Registration Begins: Friday, 7/24 @ 1pm
Session: Wednesday, 7/29 @ 4:30pm Registration Begins: Tuesday, 7/28 @ 4:30pm
Session: Saturday, 8/1 @ 10am Registration Begins: Thursday, 7/30 @ 10am
2. Reservation Process:
- To make a reservation online please visit our website at https://recreation.trumbull-ct.gov. You may also call our office during regular business hours at 203-452-5060. Please note, voicemail and email reservation requests will not be accepted.
- You will need your username and password to login to the site. If you have registered for a program or received a park sticker in the last three years you already have an account, so please do not create a new household. Call our office and we will assist you.
- Each individual must be registered (including nannies and babies/infants). Anyone not registered will not be admitted into the pool area whether swimming or not. You will be emailed a receipt- please double check it to ensure every person is listed.
3. Cancellation/No Show Policy:
Cancellations may be made up to 8am on the day of your swim session. After 8am any cancellation will be treated as a no-show. We prefer that you cancel by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If do you not have access to email please call 203-452-5060 and leave a voicemail.
There will be a strict penalty for no-shows and cancellations after 8am on the day of the reservation. One (1) offense will be forgiven but upon the second offense your entire household will be suspended from reserving swim sessions for one (1) week.
Cancellations are not required nor will no-shows be penalized when there is a greater than 20% chance of rain that day, is raining during the swim session, or if the temperature is below 76 degrees
4. If a patron is not able to attended their reservation they cannot give it to someone else (no swapping). Each individuals name must match what is on the roster. Adults will be asked to show ID. Please contact our office during regular business hours to switch names on the roster (same household only).
5. A resident household may request up to 5 guest reservations per year. Guest reservations may only be requested over the phone. Each guest, regardless of age, will require a pass. All previously issued guest passes are void.
6. There will be no adult swim but there will be a bathroom announcement for children. At this time all children are encouraged to use the restrooms.
7. Health/Safety Precautions:
- Each group must have someone over the age of 16 present at all times.
- Patrons may begin to line up at the gate 30 minutes before their reservation time- maintain social distancing and wear a mask while in line. To maximize your swim time, please arrive in your swim attire.
- Prior to entry, one member of the party (who must be at least 16 years old) will have to answer health screening questions on behalf of their entire group. If any does not pass the health screening the entire party will be denied entry.
- EVERYONE will be required to take a shower before going in the water.
- All patrons must set up their areas 15 feet away from adjacent groups. Please be aware that you may be asked to move in order to make room for all patrons.
- There will be a walking lane immediately around the pool. All patrons must use this lane anytime they are moving around the pool deck. At no time should you enter another group’s area for any reason.
- Masks will be worn anytime an individual (over the age of 2) moving around the facility.
- Masks or other PPE will not be allowed in the water at any time.
- While in the water, individuals should keep a minimum of 6 feet between themselves and anyone from another household. When on deck please keep a minimum distance of 15 feet between household areas.
- Patrons must depart within 15 minutes of the end of their session.
Anyone not following COVID-19 protocols will have their access to the pool revoked for the remainder of the 2020 season.
8. All other pool rules will still apply and can be found on our website.
9. All rules are subject to change without notice.