Description of Services
Civil Service, also known as Human Resources, is dedicated to the recruitment of qualified candidates through an objective process of advertising, testing, and recruiting applicants for entrance or promotion within the system. Top candidates are referred to the various department heads for their final choice. We also provide jobs for students during the summer through our Summer Youth Program.
We are responsible for the administration of employee health, dental, prescription drug, vision, basic and supplemental life plans.
Our department provides effective service and vital information to employees and retirees, as well as maintains all personnel files and employee's benefits.
The Town of Trumbull only accepts applications for positions which are currently open. To apply for a position with the Trumbull Public Schools, please visit www.trumbullps.org/vac.htm.
Forms & Documents
Listing files in 'Human Resources/Civil Service'
Current Job Openings
TOWN OF TRUMBULL HAS THE FOLLOWING OPENINGS:
Please scroll below to view.
FINANCIAL/ACCOUNTING CONTROLS ANALYST (INTERNAL AUDITOR) - BOARD OF FINANCE
HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY: $71,574 to $75,481 on July 1, 2015
CLOSING DATE: Until a sufficient number of applicants are received.
Announcement | General Statement of Duties | Application
HIRING MINUTE CLERKS for TRUMBULL BOARDS & COMMISSIONS MEETINGS
Per Diem (Part Time) Meeting Clerk - Clerks are responsible for attending meetings and taking minutes. Meetings are generally held once per month, or as needed. The clerk shall keep a record of the attendance of the members, and notation of all motions/actions taken by vote (including the vote cast by each member). In accordance with the Trumbull Town Charter, typed minutes shall be officially recorded at the Town Clerk’s office and made available for public inspection.
Minutes are a brief summary of the discussion and must include the following:
- The date and time the meeting is convened;
- Commissioner attendance;
- Name and address of speakers (if Public Comment is heard);
- All business conducted by the board or commission, (motions & votes);
- All Documents distributed at meeting(s) become part of the record and shall be incorporated into the minutes;
- Time record of Executive Session, and adjournment.
General Statement of Duties:
- In accordance with the Trumbull Town Charter and Freedom of Information requirements, Agendas, and any supplemental materials, for each Regular or Special Meeting must be recorded in the Town Clerk’s Office not less than 24 hours prior to the start time of the meeting. Such meetings also require posting to the Town website no less than 24 hours prior to the start time of the meeting.
- Distribute agenda and supplemental materials to board or commission members;
- Attend assigned meetings, generally held in the evening or during business hours;
- Keep a record of the attendance of the members;
- Record all motions/actions taken by vote (including the vote cast by each member). Such record shall be filed in the Town Clerk’s office and made available for public inspection within 48 hours of the meeting;
- Final minutes of each meeting must be filed in the Town Clerk’s office and posted to the Town website, within 7 calendar days of the meeting.
- Complete work assignments with minimal supervision within the specified time constraints;
Minimum Qualifications, knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Strong computer skill with an emphasis on Microsoft Word;
- Accuracy and attention to details;
- Ability to learn State and Town laws;
- Clear and concise written and oral expression.
Experience and Training:
- Graduation from high School or GED
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO APPLY, please contact the FIRST SELECTMAN’S OFFICE @ 203.452.5005
Director of Labor Relations
Mary Ann Meier
5866 Main St.
Trumbull, CT 06611
Phone: (203) 452-5040
Fax: (203) 452-3856
Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
Closed for Legal Holidays